The Parent Portal has been created to ease the communication between school and home by providing parents with information available on an access-anywhere web portal, whenever a secure internet connection is available. The long term aim is that the Parent Portal will enable a nominated parent or guardian to check school reports, attendance, upcoming events, fees and extra curricular activities from the home, office or anywhere.
The school plans to release different modules in a series of phased releases. All parents will be informed well in advance each time a new component of the Portal becomes available.
Currently parents are given access to the following:
- Viewing their son's calendar
- Viewing their parental contact information and requesting changes
- Booking requests for extra-curricular clubs and activities
- Viewing details of their outstanding invoice and viewing a statement of their settled invoices
- Communicating directly with their son's teachers
Parents may also download the Engage School App for free onto their mobile devices. This app provides the most important information on the Parent Portal at a glance and makes emails from the school easier to track.
Future possible Parent Portal features, that may be introduced later, include:
- Viewing their son's completed and historical Reports
- Viewing their son's activity schedule
Parent Portal Login
All new parents should receive an email with details of the Portal website, as well as a Pin Code and dedicated link – please use this to login and familiarise yourself with the Portal. Once you have confirmed your user account you may use the 'Parent Portal' quick link, on each webpage, to log in or follow the steps below:
- Visit http://portal.donhead.org.uk
- Enter your email address
- Enter your pin code/password