Jesuit Education and Our Mission
A Jesuit Education:
- Believes in the total formation of each individual within the human community
- Insists on individual care and concern for each person and emphasises the importance of pastoral care
- Emphasises activity on the part of the student
- Encourage life-long openness to growth
- Proposes Christ as the model of human life
- Celebrates faith in personal and community prayer, worship and service
- Seeks to form ‘men and women for others’
- Serves a faith that promotes justice
- Manifests particular concern for the poor
The spirit which animates us here at Donhead is a spirit of generosity:
- Generosity in hard work
- Generosity towards each other
- Generosity in the service of those who need us most
This too is the spirit of the Jesuits and is summed up in St Ignatius’ Prayer of Generosity:
Lord Jesus, teach me to be generous, teach me to serve you as you deserve, to give and not to count the cost, to fight and not to heed the wounds, to toil and not to seek for rest, to labour and not to seek reward, except that of knowing that I do your will.
Key to all of this is the Jesuit Pupil Profile (JPP).
The JPP proposes eight pairs of virtues that sum up what a pupil in a Jesuit school is growing to be.
Please click here to learn more about this.